Department of Chemical Drugs
- Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationships of compounds as potential antimicrobial and anticancer drugs, potential transdermal enhancers, photosynthesis inhibitors
- Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationships of potential epigenetic drugs, especially focused on histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDACi).
- Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationships of potential nootropics and cognitive enhancers mainly based on an ω-lactam ring.
- Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationships of potential aminopeptidase inhibitors
- Development of new methodologies for organic synthesis.
- Total synthesis of natural products.
- Study of physico-chemical properties of potential drugs, in vitro bioavailability and ADME.
- In vitro studies of transdermal/intestinal permeation of drugs and influence of permeation enhancers and other parameters.
- Capillary electrophoresis, CZE chiral separations
- HPLC of carbohydrates
- Solid-state analytical techniques.
Department of Human Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Professionals from various disciplines, such as pharmacokinetic evaluation of drugs, experimental pharmacology and toxicology, veterinary medicine, histology and immunohistochemistry.
- Final stage of testing on animal models, including repeated administering of clinically used antipsychotics.
- Accredited laboratory for small laboratory animals, laboratory of organ physiology, laboratory of clinical biochemistry, laboratory of histology and histochemistry, laboratory of pharmacogenomics and laboratory for the work on tissue cultures.
- Accredited for experiments on laboratory animals.
- Equipped laboratory for the experiments on small laboratory animals, which complies with the requirements of Specific Pathogen-Free conditions.
Department of Natural Drugs
- Isolation and identification of natural products
- Biological activities of secondary metabolites
- Plant cell cultures
- Molecular biology, molecular epidemiology, and biotechnology
- Fluorescence/confocal microscopy techniques
Department of Pharmaceutics
- Formulation, development and evaluation of human and veterinary dosage forms: main target is preparation of dosage forms with poorly soluble and hardly absorbable APIs; and formulation of dosage forms with controlled release.
- Innovation and optimization of technological processes: mixing, granulation, pelletization, microparticles preparation, compressing and coating of dosage units.
- Solid dosage forms:
- Powders and blends: grinding, micronizing, mixing.
- Tablets: immediate released (uncoated and coated) and controlled released (matrix and coated).
- Hard capsules: filling and coating.
- Pellets: extrusion/spheronization, rotary agglomeration with layering.
- Microparticles: gelation and evaporation techniques.
- Mucoadhesives: tablets, multilayer films/patches.
- Lipid formulations: liquisolid systems, SEDDS, SMEDDS.
- Liquids and semisolids: Solutions, emulsions, suspensions, ointments, creams, gels, pastes
- Scale-up and technology transfers.
- Process validation and IQ, OQ, PQ consultation.
- Stability studies (performance and evaluation).
- Preclinical and clinical evaluation (consultation and partnership).
- Technological documentation – preparing and cooperation (BR, TR, SOP...).
- Preparation of samples for clinical evaluation (experience - EU, USA, Canada, India).
Last update: 1st April 2014